Looking for Confirmation / Help with a few characters on Star Marked RJT Shin-Gunto

I've been having trouble with this one for a few weeks. It's got a somewhat "flowing" more script style of writing, which is something I'm bad at. The best I could come up with the MEI and the RJT list is 昭幸造 , or AKI YUKI TSUKURU, but I'm not sure about that at all.

The other side looks to have a Nengo in Zodiac form, which I am pretty sure about:  癸 未  八 月 - MIZUNOTO HITSUJI 8th Month - 1943. But the Getsu character looks a bit off, and there's no Era marking. 

The blade is pretty long on this one, with a Nagasa 69.4 cm long. The tang has the "Star" marking, which I believe means it is Gendaito. Unfortunately the blade has been cleaned a bunch, probably post war, so I can't see much, but it does have WARE on the SHINOGI-JI.

10081mei.jpg

10081nengo.jpg

10081tang.jpg

10081tang.jpg

10081koshirae01.jpg

10081kizu.jpg

48 minutes ago, SteveM said:

Zuihō tsukuru

瑞峯造

I think you are right about the date. 

Thanks so much!

"Grass Writing", well at least now I know the name of my pain. Yes it looks great, but I can't read it, any more than I can read 18th and 19th century letters written by quill. Some are easy, some are unintelligible.

I haven't had any "Type 3" swords before, so this is pretty nice. We also  got another signed 長 光 作 NAGAMITSU SAKU. 

• Like 2

Hi,

might be a nice blade.

From Markus book:

SHIGEFUSA (重房), Shōwa (昭和, 1926-1989), Tokushima – “Zuihō Shigefusa” (瑞峯重房), real name Kojima Kameta (小島亀太), born 1887, he used the gō Genbusai (玄武斎) and was the son of Kojima Kunitomo (国友), he founded the forge Genbusai Tantō Jo (玄武斎鍛刀所) and also worked as rikugun-jumei-tōshō, kihin no retsu (Akihide)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..