Something-Toshi, Akao school?

PietroParis

Hi All,

Checking today's eBay offerings, a tsuba jumped to my eye as a possible candidate for my "Tatsutoshi & students" thread (far too expensive for a purchase, though):

s-l500.jpg.fc1e91a276386b9bde90ab7ddfef6310.jpgs-l500-sig.jpg.f6e6ea910ac8230655721f7871016c87.jpg

I was quite excited when I saw that the signature – oddly transcribed as "Efu Sumi Hoju" – reads

江府住  ? 壽,  i.e. Efu-ju ?-toshi.

The kanji I cannot recognize resembles neither 辰 for Tatsutoshi nor 並 for Namitoshi. I thought I had found an example of the elusive Tokitoshi, the third student of Tatsutoshi that is currently missing in my thread, but I see that the corresponding kanji would be 其 , which does not resemble the one in the pictures either. Could one of the knowledgeable NMB members translate this signature for me?

Thanks in advance, Pietro

Many thanks Moriyama-san!

In Markus Sesko's "Genealogies" there appears to be a 保壽 Yasutoshi on the same page (114) as Tatsutoshi, Tatsunao, Namitoshi and Tokitoshi, so he might well be another member of the school.

https://books.google.fr/books?id=vNwvaPSEnCMC&q=yasutoshi#v=snippet&q=yasutoshi&f=false

Needless to say, page 114 is not included in the preview. I guess I should just buy the book and get over with it...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..