Translation request of attribution paper

JH Lee

Nakago....  

I read in an old thread that the older white kicho papers are occasionally not helpful/reliable.  Anyway, I thought one of the purposes of shinsa was to reveal some more information than what is already obvious... It's signed "Kuniyoshi," but is it a legitimate mei or gimei, which Kuniyoshi... and so on.  I was hoping that the info, even a best educated guess, would be recorded in the paper.

Screenshot_20210227-074706_eBay.jpg

Sorry John, this is the difficulty with NBTHK papers, they often don’t include much information but sometimes it is because there isn’t enough obvious pointers to a school or province to do so. 

If it helps, it confirms you have a genuine Japanese sword and that there’s no reason to suspect that the signature is false. 

If you have the patience you could try to work out how they came to that conclusion...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..