Kai Gunto with white rayskin samegawa and army style menuki

Paul G

Hello everyone,

I am a relatively new sword collector. I have been collecting Japanese militaria of the WW2 era for about 15 years. That was started by inheriting a Star stamped Gendaito, in Renji Seishiki Gunto mounts, made by Kanehide in February 1944. I have added a few swords over the years and have a very base knowledge of what to look for in a Japanese sword. I have an obscure question: Has anyone seen a Kai Gunto with white rayskin samegawa and Army style menuki? I have seen army style menuki mounted in Kai Gunto Tsuka a few times, but have not seen white samegawa. I have seen a sword with this anomaly, and everything else about the sword was Kai Gunto, such as the Fuchi and Kashira. Has anyone else seen this before? I don't have a picture of the particular sword. 

Thank you all,

PG-

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..