Fred Lohman Store

9 hours ago, jeremy said:

I second namikawa Heibei.  Bought a few things from them in the past, and they're very responsive and great to deal with. 

And they are OK with Pay Pal. It is worth remembering that a lot of the better quality "local to you" dealers buy from Namikawa and then sell on to you with a markup.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Dave R said:

And they are OK with Pay Pal. It is worth remembering that a lot of the better quality "local to you" dealers buy from Namikawa and then sell on to you with a markup.

Hi Dave 

From memory they don't use PayPal which is something to think about.  Unless they have changed that.  But I used my credit card to purchase from them

50 minutes ago, jeremy said:

Hi Dave 

From memory they don't use PayPal which is something to think about.  Unless they have changed that.  But I used my credit card to purchase from them

They changed that 2 years ago at least. My last two purchases from them,  Nurizaya Wood for a Wakizashi and 100g Uchiko Powder   were both paid for via Pay Pal, and  very easy transactions they were indeed.

25 minutes ago, Dave R said:

They changed that 2 years ago at least. My last two purchases from them,  Nurizaya Wood for a Wakizashi and 100g Uchiko Powder   were both paid for via Pay Pal, and  very easy transactions they were indeed.

Thats good to hear. Makes it easier to make transactions 

• 4 months later...

Fred was quite a character. I met him for the first time in the late 80‘s while shopping at Namikawa Heibei in Tokyo, and where he was doing some business. I later gave  him a ride back to the station, and we exchanged addresses and phone numbers. Imagine my surprise when he sent me a first edition of Shinkichi Hara’s “Schwertzierraten” as a thank you a few weeks later! We occasionally met when he was in Tokyo, and I always had some interesting conversations with him (if I managed to steer him away from topics like politics and kinky sex ;-)).

RIP, Fred!

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..