Dotanuki blades

RyujinKevin

Greetings , I just registered and its my first post on the forum, I apologize if I commit any mistake.

I am quite interested in acquiring Dotanuki school blades, if anyone is willing to part with one  please do tell me.

Thank you for your time

Kevin

Hello and welcome Kevin.   To give another perspective of a Japanese sword collector I have been on the Forum since 2008 and have been collecting for 55 years...  I hope you will enjoy our company for a long, long time to come.

I have a simple question - why Dotanuki???  I have an answer, but I would like to hear yours.

Best regards,

Barry Thomas

aka BaZZa.

1 hour ago, Bazza said:

Hello and welcome Kevin.   To give another perspective of a Japanese sword collector I have been on the Forum since 2008 and have been collecting for 55 years...  I hope you will enjoy our company for a long, long time to come.

I have a simple question - why Dotanuki???  I have an answer, but I would like to hear yours.

Best regards,

Barry Thomas

aka BaZZa.

Thank you for your warm welcome Mr Thomas. 

I would say the main reason would be my liking of philosophy of the school, the utilitarian approach over mostly aesthetics. 

I am quite fond of thicker strong blades, which is why the blades I use for practice are both from the akamatsu taro smith's, whom share that philosophy as well. 

Anyway, Im quite fond of them for their battle proven quality across the centuries. 

I hope my answer is enough and once again thank you for your warm welcome 

Kevin Ojeda 

2 hours ago, IJASWORDS said:

Kevin, a couple of questions....

Polished and papered?

What period?

What budget? 

I'd prefer it to be healthy and polished, papers would also be a preference but not mandatory. 

I do not have a period in mind so I don't have a preference, I doubt masakuni would be available anyway.... 

And budget... I guess it would depend on the blade and how much I like it. 

Thank you for your time 

Archived