NBTHK Hozon Paper Translation Assistance

waljamada

Was hoping someone could help me underststand what this Mihara School attributed blade's hozon paper says.  I believe if it's just attributed as Mihara that means mid-Mihara.  Ko-Mihara is the oldest going back to 1300s and Sue-Mihara going up to the end of muromachi.  Is this just Mihara?  Also does it say when it was issued?

Side note this blade has a ware flaw and I'm also wondering if anyone sees any potential fukure as well? 

SmartSelect_20210221-225241_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20210221-222934_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20210221-222924_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20210221-223933_Messenger.jpg

SmartSelect_20210221-230447_eBay.jpg

This is a bit surprising. Normally the KAERI in the BOSHI tells us that it is not NAGAMAKI NAOSHI. (Probably too long to have been a NAGINATA). 

NBTHK does not attribute to Nagamaki-Naoshi. It's a Naginata-Naoshi, and the Nagamaki is to be considered a subtype of Naginata, which furthermore finds itself defined by its mounting. 

That said, katana-sized naginata Naoshi of the koto period, probabilistically were used at some point in their lives as Nagamaki. 

• 1 month later...

Funny enough, I was trying to google more information about my blade that I just purchased off of ebay, and it is this exact sword.   I had to double check the NBTHK number on the paper.  It is actually sitting on the wall right in front of my.  I love it.  It does appear to have a couple of blisters in the steel.  I've also been researching the dates of popularity of the nagamaki, and get some conflicting sources - most say they were at their height of popularity in the mid-Muromachi period.  But, I had really been wondering what the attribution said and what it meant.  I appreciate the translation.  Google translate came up with Kuchimaki bridge as it's first translation.

• 2 weeks later...

Xanderain, nice and congratulations!  I really liked the look of the blade and glad it went to a home that loves it.  Had a nice length, bohi and unique as a naginta-naoshi.  It really tempted me and had some good conversations with the seller.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..