Help with signature, question about blade

DrSeeS357

Dear Max.

To answer the second part of your question, who knows?  From time to time you come across well made miniature swords, sometimes by good makers, that were clearly intended from the start to be boy's swords.  You don't give us sizes for yours and it seems to be sitting beside a sword that is probably a shortened daito but it seems from the images to fall within the parameters that are normal for wakizashi.  Could it have been mounted and used as a boy's sword?  Yes, but how would you ever tell?

Out of interest what are the measurements?

All the best.

The cutting edge is 30.2 cm and the Nakago is 10.8 cm the Kasane is .5 cm and the mihaba is 2 cm. the Kissaki is 2.5. cm.   Does that see right, did I use the words correctly? the two swords were bought from two different people, so I don't believe they have anything to do with each other, although that would be cool. the small blade I was told is an Edo Period blade, and the middle wakazashi is a koto blade attributed to the UDA school by NBTHK. these are my first two swords. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..