Good bye Buyee

On a buyee rage again. This was blocked so i used the ask to unblock button.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/p835094206

Got this back

This is Buyee Customer Support Team. Thank you for using our service.

Regarding the auction ID [p835094206] under unblocking request,

our team has reviewed the auction details and concluded that we are not able to allow you to bid on this auction.

[Reason Bidding is Prohibited]

The item is prohibited for international shipping by the Aviation Law and/or International Postal Convention.

* There is a possibility that items that are not prohibited by the previous are included.

Buyee is unable to ship items that require the following documents for shipment and export:

* Cleaning certificate

* Certificate of non-applicability

* MSDS

* Other

Buyee is a purchasing service aimed for people living in foreign countries.

Therefore, even if you would wish to ship this item to a Japanese address, we are unfortunately unable to unblock this auction.

Thank you for your understanding.

< Auction Information >

<Auction ID>

p835094206

Ran up against this before seller also sells gold and its in his ad.

Monkeys at buyee dont seem to understand. 

Didn't need a new tsuba anywho.

Maybe time to close the account.

Imagine that

Dear Stephen C

This is the Buyee Customer Support.
Thank you for using our service.

We took a closer look at the auction and found out that Buyee can handle the deal.
We have removed the block and you can now bid on your desired item【p835094206】.
Please check it on[My page]and place a bid if you would like to.

------
However, there still is a chance that the item's quality doesn't meet your requirements.
Therefore, please kindly keep it in mind and consider carefully before you place a bid on it.

* Please note that we, Buyee can not take any responsibilities for its quality.
------

I haven't used buyee before, is it a good place to get a good deal on authentic Japanese katanas?

Such as these? 

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/q435407357?conversionType=search_yac_browsing_hisotry_list
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/u423035487?conversionType=item_browsing_history

BUYEE was the worst.

AB-SO-F**King-WORST.

Finally accepting that we probably will not move back to NYC, I've tried to give up the use of the F*Bomb...

But Heavens and Stars Above, BUYEE  blew brown barf baby chunks across the three times I used them. 0 for 3.

Prior to that with another service before they retired, I would say the other service was 99 for 100.

The service I last used is 1 for 1. Yet to be determined if they hold up.

AVOID BUYEE.

• Sad 1

Many have had a crap experience and vent about it in other forums. Unfortunately I didn't read in the other forums before giving them a try.

NMB is the only forum I am involved with related to Japanese Arts that actually recommends BUYEE.

It was partially on your recommendation that I gave them a try.

I wondered how they could suck so much.  A small financial scratch test on the and they are either [a] A chinese financed-owned company with Japanese employees as puppet figureheads  or A Japanese owned company dodging Japanese Tax Laws by routing their fiances through Hong Kong faux offices.

Glad they work for you.

They sucked dung balls 100% when I gave them a try.

C'mon... the title of this thread is "Good bye Buyee", and I thought you'd finally given up on them too.

Well....I'm 3 for 3 with total fail with them. Even after winning 2 bids, before they bothered to tell me they could/would not ship the item(s).

Item #1 was a cut up sword, all pieces under 15mm per legal export rules, claimed "unable to ship to the USA" ( receiving my $43 dollars back was like pulling teeth, took 4 weeks).

Item #2 Tsuba (funds returned promptly) after claimed "unable to ship to the USA".

Items #3 sword care kit, yep you guessed it "unable to ship to the USA", bid canceled from their end.

Done, done & done with them for good!

Mark

• Thanks 1

Mr C i agree it should still be good bye!!

I have to say you're very descriptive words of barfing doesn't tell me what you got burned on. High end tosogu??

Think they have bots read the sale. So many words kick em out. 

The one in question is very good example. Somewhere in the sellers text is the word gold that'll get it kicked out.

Like Mark when told its not prohibited they still reject it sometimes it takes me three emails for someone to read it I guess.

Post Covid they just said we cant ship.

Not the case DHL workes fine in fact better than EMS. 

So ill back you all DONT USE BUYEE especially for this tsuba. LOL

That was errie just as i hit post above.

I got a email from them saying they now use FedEx. Buyee bots are watching me...joke.

Buyee

* Since this is an important notice for all our customers, we are also sending this email out to those who have unsubscribed to the e-mail newsletter.

Fast, cheap and trackable safe delivery service!

Thank you for using Buyee.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the suspension of Japan Post for packages in some areas.

Buyee has started offering FedEx service from February 15th. Express service is available at a lower price, so please feel free to use it.

Price:

FedEx shipping costs are determined by actual weight. You can deliver your package at a lower shipping rate than with shipping method where the shipping fee is calculated by volumetric weight.
Please check here for the price by weight.

Delivery time (approximate):

About 2-7 days from shipping.

Items that cannot be delivered:

Products containing lithium batteries, Nintendo Switch, weapons and weapon like items (including imitation swords, model guns, toy guns, and wireless devices), antiques, and food in general (including supplements) cannot be handled.

We will continue to strive for better logistics services in order to provide the best service to our customers.

Thank you for your continuous support of Buyee.

@Stephen

Examples:

(1) First tsuba:  shipped on peg in box.  "Please do not do again", and explain why.

2nd tsuba, 3rd tsuba all on the pegs. Even writing instructions not to do this on the shipping query still lead to tsuba shipped in box on peg. 3 for 3.

(2) I paid for an inspection photo of a non tsuba. They took a photo of the bubble wrap.

Yes- just the bubble wrap. Only the bubble wrap. I paid for a photo of bubblewrap. I am an Andy Warhol grade art genius!

(3) Customs:  hooh, don't get me started. That was the breaker. You ask it be shipped as "_blah-blah-blah_". They shorten it to 2 words and the result is extra $89 in duties to the US here and and an hour with DHL trying to get it cleared.

Antique items, original works of art, etc... no US duties. Use BUYEE =>  and get US duties.  Contact them and ask WTF?, only to get 2 or 3 customer service attempts to accept even a bit of responsibility.

There were other issues I won't type up.

I complained about it privately to someone and found out they had much worse experience. They are Japanese fluent to the point of being near bilingual and had to threaten to get the Japanese police / authorities involved. It was then that I decided to dig in to company a bit and realized they are not a 100% financially legit Japanese company.

I was able to grab a small vase-sake bottle where I have been seeking an example for years. BUYEE did enable this, so I cannot totally hate them- but they managed to make it like going to the dentist. I found working with them to be total pissing into the wind.

Have had good and bad experiences with them. Small items that don't require any customs are easy, anything else....well. Have had a Koshirae stuck with them for nearly a year due to shipping issues, mainly from stubbornness on my part waiting for EMS to resume to Australia. 

FedEx now an option? Not for me! 

So take note anyone thinking about using their service i suggest a pass.

THEY will not contact sellers to teach packing tips on pegs. I gave up on that and trying to file a claim after clearly showing damaged nail scratch.

I fig they were a Chinese co. 

Never paid for photo but did many combined with extra packing which was par excellence. Or anything thru customs.

So ther ya have the cons outweighs the pros.

Give them a pass.

The rest of the story Tsuba....price went to high for my bank.

A MSDS, its pretty funny if you consider a sword and a (material), safety data sheet. Just add a sheet of paper saying to never take it out - totally safe:laughing:

Oh wait, they just state that they can't send items that require those documents (although other is rather unclear). So have the buyer state no paperwork is necessary? Who decides.

Asking them about antiques.

Wanting to know if tsuba was included or just ones that would be breakable like furniture. Got a giggle out of Ther reply.

Dear Stephen C

This is the Buyee Customer Support.
Thank you for using our service.

Regarding the item [p835094206], we are pleased to inform that antique is a collectible object such as a piece of furniture or work of art that has a high value because of its considerable age.

While tuba is a category of instrument and usually made up of brass instruments. However, there are some antique tuba is made up of handmade pieces from the shops.

Furthermore, we have confirmed that there is other bid which exceeds your maximum bid on this item. Therefore, we are afraid that you are no longer the highest bidder on this auction.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Cristina S.
Buyee customer support

Ah yes i did check my spelling to see if i dropped my s. 

• Haha 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..