That time of the month

Fuuten

No its not like that - i meant the mortgage payment:laughing:

Good day kind gentlemen and ladies, now that I have your attention.

I'm happy to report the first topic got some replies and 3 books were sold. Thank you all very much!

As i forgot to include a couple items in the first topic here's round 2. Payment can be done by paypal (f&f), or bank. Sold items are shipped from the Netherlands. Prices are listed in euro. Reasonable offers considered. The descriptions are largely written by Grey and are used here with permission.

Fortune Telling By Swords by Talbot Clifton 1905 ed.  SOLD

• Axel: I bought this on the forum here, a couple of years ago. This is a really old collectable book in good condition too for the age. It has a really thick kind of paper, unsure what the correct term for that type of paper is - parchment maybe?).

3pc Haynes Index + stand - Japanese Swords Fittings and Associated Artists  1967. SOLD

• Axel: Everything you need looking up fittings and related arts. Lists (from memory); over 12000 artists.

Nihon no Mei Yari Ten.  1967. SOLD

• Softbound, 8 1/4 x 11 3/4", about 48 pages in Japanese.  Japanese spears of many different styles, all important and well photographed.  There hasn't been a lot published on this subject.
  • Axel: Everything about yari. I think this is a very cool book, and includes several shapes i never saw anywhere else. Via this forum the index has largely been translated.

Shinto Taikan by Iimura.  1976. SOLD

• Clothbound in 2 volumes, with slipcases, 8 ¾ x 12”, 1,650 pages total in Japanese.  This is probably the most thorough reference to swords of the Shinto period.  Volume 1 is oshigata and 2 is photos, all very high quality.  A great reference for swords of the last 400 years. 
  • Axel: 2 Volumes, volume 1 needs some restoration work done by a professional bookbinder (attaching the blocks of pages to the spine, the pages are still attached to each other). Say that costs you a hundred, you still make some:)

Unrelated: Colby English Roadmaps 1675, written by John Ogilby (November 1600 – 4 September 1676).

This is a very large book that might be interesting for someone based in the UK with an interest in maps, history and/or geography of the area. Couple of copies on Abebooks, listed for less than half that. €150+ shipping cost --> Preview

Thank you in advance,

Axel

Restore copy.jpg

Fortune telling.png

Archived