Collection of photos from WWII smith's

Itomagoi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all, 

Was researching the group of smith in page 119 of the Kurihara Hiko Saburo Akihide Zen Kiroku. Wanted to confirm whether this guy is Ota Chikahide ? 

Attaching 2nd picture found in another reference book for comparison 

Tks

Ronnie

01129AC6-23AA-4600-910B-B831A8D3B4BC.jpeg

6442848A-6AE1-47BE-BBAC-3F090F3E58FC.jpeg

• Like 1

Gentlemen,

In may search on this magnificent forum for Akimoto Akitomo I found this post (quoted) wich includes both wonderful pictures but also some very competent translations of names.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:14 AM, Itomagoi said:

10.jpg

10.1.jpg

On 4/22/2022 at 1:55 PM, Shugyosha said:

Hi Peter,

I'm struggling with the parts highlighted in red. Here's the script from beneath the photo. I'm struggling with the middle rank as (probably due to me misunderstanding "oite" in this context) the order seems to be out of sequence, so whilst I've given you the names, I'm not sure who they belong to.

大日本刀匠協会発会の折, 栗原邸を訪全国の刀匠.

Dai Nihon tōshō kyōkai ketsukai no ori, Kurihara yashiki o tazureta zenkuni no tōshō.

Swordsmiths from the whole country visited the Kurihara mansion on the occasion of the first meeting of the Greater Japan Swordsmiths Association.

前列左から: 松林 ; 末次繁光 ; 越水盛 ;  ; 笠間繁継 ; 小山信 ; 守次則 ;  ;

Maeretsu hidari kara (front rank, from the left) Matsubayashi Masashige; Suetsugu Shigemitsu; Koshimizu Moritoshi, Hikosaburō, Kasama Shigetsugi, Koyama Nobumitsu, Moritsugu Norisada, Yodogawa Shigetoshi,

中列2人目: 航介 ; 3おい紀 政 ; 中尾 ()  ; 山秀研 ; 1おい藤田 ;  ;

Chūretsu nininme (middle rank, 2nd person) Iwasaki Kōsuke, san’nin oite (3rd person), Ki Masatsugu, Nakao (Fujita) Tadatsugu, Koyama Hidetogu, ichinin oite (first person) Fujita Tsuyoshi, Komiya Shirō Kunimitsu,

: 井昭房 ; 秋元  ; 今野昭.

Ushiroretsu (rear rank): Ishii Akifusa, Akimoto Akitomo, Konno Akimune.

All the best

Soren

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi John,

Enthusiastic amateurs are we all (maybe with a few exceptions:)). People like yourself who willingly and consistently engage in sharing experience, opinions and knowledge is just the true “backbone” of this community. I’m constantly amazed of how much thought, time, experience and accumulated information this forum contains. If someone, some day and somehow find the opportunity, ability and time to sort and index all the information this forum has accumulated - then I believe it could be worth of the title “ Nihonto World Heritage Site” / NWHS :bowdown:

PS. The NMB title is by the way fine as it is 😎

/Soren

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised this one hasn't appeared before.

It's Kajiyama Yasutoku (my sword's maker) with his son Yasutoshi standing at the entrance of the Yasukuni smithy circa 1938/39.

(The building looks exactly the same now.)

IMG_7160.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..