Unsigned Katana

Promo

I might be attracted by the items where I don't know what I'll be getting, at least that is how I may explain the purchase of the attached shown blade to myself. I did not get a picture of the tang (because the seller didn't know how to disassemble the blade) prior to buying it, but I had hoped for the best, still I was a bit disappointed to see it was unmarked. But since I nevertheless like it and the price was not too high I still don't feel bad for having bought it.

A friend suggested this Katana might had been made around 1920 - I suppose he is correct, not only because he knows way more than I do, but also because it is quite obvious it isn't too old. Still it seems to have a nice hamon and be of a certain quality. Yet I'll need to properly clean it and hopefully be able to make a few more pictures that show more details of the blade.

Looking forward to any comments on it!

Katana1.jpg

Katana2.jpg

Katana3.jpg

Katana4.jpg

Katana5.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry can't help with the blade. Could be shin-shinto oder gendai. Only from the hamon you could not say which school or smith. Every smith could make every hamon.  The polish condition of the blade is to bad to see the hada. Maybe you should try to maker better pictures in sunlight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..