Lost package

I started this as new post so anyone who has lost or unsure of delivery can use this as a guide. May be too specific as it from France to the UK but there will be similarities

Brought from Jean and posted from France on 12/10/20

Awaiting custom clearance on 14/10/20 – Arrived 11/02/21 – Almost four months

After waiting for a month or so I emailed Parcelforce twice and never a reply

Left it a little longer and phoned them. The recorded message said they could only reply to a medical emergency!

Waited then tried again but still the same message but this time I waited to be connected. The person was very helpful stating it should never had taken so long t deliver. After they contacted customs it went quiet which is not surprising when dealing with this type of organisation. Later

Held in depot please contact us on 03448 00 44 66 with your parcel number to discuss with us.

This is order when phoning Parcel Force on 03448 00 44 66

Type in your parcel number and supply necessary details.

After inputting tracking number select option 3 when it says it’s awaiting customs clearance just hold on and you will speak to a human being.

I then had to email pfw-ccb@parcelforce.co.uk

This department deals with high value items (I believe this is over £1,000 even from within the EU and they said it did not have my parcel for review.

So now back to Parcelforce enquiries who said a claim must be made by the sender

Jean contacted the original shipping company and the have 90 days (07/03/21) to find it or settle the claim but the maximum claim is 1,000 euro

Jean then raised a claim

I talked this morning. to Colissimo International (equivalent of Parcel Force International). I lodged a claim. It is registered and they have 40 days from now (07/03/21) to solve the problem or be reimbursed. Insurance is limited to 1000€. First time I took one. They are going to reactivate the tracking number. I left them all the data names, addresses, e-mail, amount, weight, paid price.

I let Jean know I received the tsuba today (11/02/21)

Jean 

Great news. It seems that the French Post (Colissimo international) is much more effective than Parcel Force International. That’s the second time in 2 months I had a problem of a parcel which disappeared from the tracking system and which reappeared after lodging a claim. I bet you did not have to show any invoice.

BTY – No invoice was required. The parcel was well labelled and clearly shows the sender and recipients address. It was very dirty and what appears to be a foot mark or similar on the back of the package. I wonder if it had just fallen of the shelf (out of sight)

Some asked why I’d taken so long to chase it up. My delay was due to the Covid, leaving the EU, the reluctance to talk unless a medical emergency and of course the slowness of this type of organisation. At the end of the day, I always thought it would turn up

To sum if you are missing a parcel

After a month or so contact the shipping company (in my case Parcelforce 03448 00 44 66)

If over the item is over £900/£1,000 email high values section on Parcelforce: pfw-ccb@parcelforce.co.uk

If all fails ask the sender to initiate a claim with the original shipper

PS

It's vital for the seller to keep all delivery paperwork until it is received by the buyer

Edited by kissakai
Added a PS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..