Daisho by Fujiwara Kanefusa for Sale

samuraiteddy96

Hello my Nihonto friends!

As my collection grows, I am seeking to lighten up my collection and let go of this beautiful set of daisho within my collection.  

This is a superb set of DAI-SHO by skillful sword smith the 25th generation Fujiwara KANEFUSA 二十五代藤原兼房. His real name is KATO Kazuo 加藤賀津雄 who was born in 1957, as a 2nd son of the 24th generation Fujiwara KANEFUSA 二十四代藤原兼房.
At the age of 18, he started training in famed living National treasure Gassan Sadakazu 月山貞一. After years of diligent study, he became an official authorized sword maker in 1982 and then established his own atelier in 1984.

The founder Kanefusa 兼房 who paralleled to KANESADA 兼定 or KANEMOTO 兼元 has flourished throughout Japan ever since Muromachi Koto period.
This masterpiece set of DAI-SHO bears SOUSHU manner in mind, especially ardently admired by the work of Shizu-Sasburo KANEUJI 志津三郎兼氏 from late Kamakura to Nambukucho period. There are splendidly active with abundant activities of Nie and Nioi, vividly bright in extreme beauty. Among similar works, this set of DAI-SHO was made to order.

Blade construction:Shinogi-zukuri, Iori-mune, Width of base is wide standing firmly on base and less degree of tapering from base to elongated large Kissaki. The shape is created in a brave and lively style which is widespread during the period of the Northern and Southern Warring States Period

Forging(Hada): Forging pattern is conspicuous Itame-hada with an indication of some large Mokume and streaming Masame-ware appears mostly along boundary lines. The steel gives off sparkling martensite crystals of Ji-Nie against bluish steel of Jigane to generate long gleaming lines of Chikei over the Hiraji surface.

Temper(Hamon): Hamon is martensite crystals of frosty Nie based with misty-Nioi where boundary area shines clear and bright along varied in shape and height, flamboyant lines such as large-Choji, Tadpole-Choji or Waist constricted Choji and so on. There works with intensive long lines of Sunagashi and thick lines of Kinsen or Inazuma. The entire quenching state is impressively clear and bright in full of Soushu-den tradition.

Temper of tip(Boshi): Boshi forms flame Kaen with an indication of intensive Hakikake.

Tang(Nakago): Both Nakago are UBU in original. One Mekugi-ana peg hole. Slanting left Sujikai filemark. Single-bevelled Ha- agari Kurijiri heel end.
The signature in Hakiomote front is Fujiwara KANEFUSA-saku 藤原兼房作, To order of MITSUMASA-uji generations 為光将氏重代 in new line. The other side is chiselled with the date of year A highly Auspicious day, October, Dog, the 1st calendar sign of Heisei (1994) 為光将氏重代 平成甲戌年十月吉祥日.

Gold plated Silver Habaki collar, preserved in Shira-Saya mountings.
Recent polish/Condition scale: mint (using a scale of mint-excellent-very good-good-fair-poor)

Note: I apologise for the real life photos as I am not very good at taking them but feel free to PM me to take some more. 

Asking Price: 13,000.00 Aud

G69272_3_S3279.jpg

G69272_S3279_PUP1.jpg

G69273_W3279_PUP1.jpg

G69272_3_S3279_PUP3_H.jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

Yea they are haha.  But my collection is getting to big haha and I've already commissioned quite a few blades in which I will need to pay for haha. 

By the way here are more close up pictures.  I tried my best....im not very good or experienced at taking close up pics, but perhaps these will help show you the jigane a little more. 

IMG_2237.jpeg

IMG_2242.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, samuraiteddy96 said:

You know what, I would love to share my collection with everyone on the forums.  Once I receive my commision orders, I'll make a brand new post to show my collection :) 

Well, if I have to die of something, I guess jealousy might as well be the way to go :dunno: ...and I could pretend you meant "share" in the literal sense too, just to daydream :wub:

• Like 1

This is so beautiful:wow:

That is why I love Shinsakuto. You get to see a sword just as it ought to be, as the smith envisioned it and not reshaped over the years. It’s one of the most beautiful thing to behold!

• Like 3

Pardon me friends, I can't believe I forgot to put up the blades specifications.  Here are the measurements.  

Contemporary swords(Heisei 6 / 1994) Gifu
(DAI) : Length of cutting edge 74.8cm Curvature 1.7cm Width of base 34.0mm Width of Yokote 26.0mm Thickness of base 7.2mm
(SHO) : Length of cutting edge 55.3cm Curvature 1.3cm Width of base 28.5mm Width of Yokote 22.5mm Thickness of base 5.8mm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are these blades still available? I am in the market right now and looking at a number of blades.

Andrew Ickeringill is an extremely talented Togishi. Sone of the work I have seen that he has done for Barry Thomas is exceptional. Just his polish adds to the value of a blade, regardless of period or school.

I don't know if this site has rules regarding personal contact details but if this passes through, I can be contacted at simon@simon-binks.com. I am also in Melbourne.

I think I buggered up a prior attempt to respond to this listing. Look forward to a reply,

Simon Binks

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

it has been a while. A very recent development in my life has happened. I am going to become a father! Therefore need to sell some of my things for the future haha.

I haven’t had much luck with the sale of this gorgeous Daisho yet, but have decided to lower the asking price to 10k aud.  Please let me know if anyone is interested. 

• Like 5

Congratulations!  Becoming a father has been the best and most rewarding adventure of my life so far.  Again, congratulations!

I would absolutely liquidate my entire collection without hesitation to be able to give you your full asking price.  But probably someone else with deeper pockets will snatch them up now..... :sad:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..