Sword ID help

Double0brandon

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for any information you may be able to provide. My dad inherited this sword from his dad and recently gave it to me. It is missing some pieces so all I have is what is in the pictures. I am not trying to sell this item just genuinely curios of it. Thinking about getting a tsuka made and putting this bad boy back into service . FC2B6A86-77BC-45E3-867B-AD43775B29CF.thumb.jpeg.3d5f36f13828f27c6d3b24b8fa6d1465.jpegBB6F6147-38AD-4669-9CE2-C8B6FF81D3E1.thumb.jpeg.466bc16a7a1fb04f7ad8520e99a1ba33.jpeg

29 minutes ago, DoTanuki yokai said:

Looks like the rust on the nakago was removed? 

Christian , Yeah a friend of my father had the sword to show it to someone and that’s how it was returned. They guy thought he was helping. I don’t know what he used but he definitely shined it up. 

9 hours ago, hxv said:

The mei says “Hizen no Kuni Tadayoshi.” Here is one for comparison. 
https://www.toukenkomachi.com/index_en_tachi&katana_A021118.html

Hoanh

.Shodai Tadayoshi used a kurijiri during his gojimei period, and almost every Tadayoshi generation signed that way. This one is not by the shodai

• Haha 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..