A weird "Hizen"duck... or is it?

I bought this sword a long time ago from a reputed French dealer. I consider it my first real Nihonto as my very first was actually a Showato in older mounts. 

This blade came in a simple yet elegant handachi koshirae with a maroon saya, black ito and darkened red copper fittings. It is an 18th century blade I think. Nagasa is 76.5 cm.

It is signed "Hizen Kuni Takayuki" and here the issues start:

For a Hizen blade, the mei is on the wrong side, it’s in ko Itame Hada, nioi deki and this "Takayuki " is absolutely unknown.

So here are the theories, starting with mine and followed by Pierluigi's, the polisher. I’d like to here your opinion too:

• I’ve always believed the blade was made by a Meikan More who either died before being recorded or by a blacksmith making agrarian tools and the occasional sword (not many swords were produced in the 18th century). It could also have been made by an apprentice.
  • Another theory of mine is that it was perhaps made by a Bungo Takeda swordsmith. We know that an offshoot of that line settled in Hizen in the 18th century. Many had a "yuki" in their name. Sadly, the issue is they used another Kanji.
  • Now, Pierluigi thinks the sword is Gimei and that the signature was carved later to pass it as a Hizen sword. It is a very valid possibility that to me begs for a question: if you’re going to make a Gimei Hizen blade, why choose an unknown smith and not make it a Tadayoshi or a Tadakuni? Especially since I guess everyone knows Hizen swords had their katana mei on the other side!

Your opinions and suggestions are welcome! :)

2DADB7DE-C3CB-47DF-9543-2DC497FE5C0D.jpeg

63376EF5-B535-4D12-89C2-80004FC12FAE.jpeg

01F3F90F-7CAE-4A18-B334-03163931D72E.jpeg

B4EA39E6-8296-46AB-915D-BE014A5A045B.jpeg

54639DFE-3278-4E06-8137-977D63ECACAC.jpeg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..