Copper type 95 NCO for sale in Virginia

elktonjohn

For sale, #2xxx type 95 Copper handle NCO sword and saya with matching numbers. Asking $5,800 or best reasonable offer. More photos were posted under my account name about a year ago, please view them in the archives. Detailed pictures are available on request...anything you want to see, just ask. I'm not desperate to sell nor am I unaware of the general value of this piece so please...no low-ball offers...I already have a type 95 which has personal value, this one I could let go to a good home for the right price. Upload limits prevent me from uploading more in this post but will say that the sword is very presentable but is missing it's tassle ring...all else appears to be present. The sword comes apart with some effort and goes back together again with some effort, it feels solid overall. The blade retains it's original shape and curve, no serious dings or rust, edge taper is good but blade is in need of some serious attention...I have polished a sword before and can see that this one would require a lot of time to be done correctly... I know that I could do it justice were I so inclined but would rather it be done by a new owner... the handle has some honest dings and general wear but I think that only adds to the personality. The saya seems to be brass, not uncommon but I feel it may have had it's paint stripped?? There is much more to be said about this sword and I am willing to offer more specific information to a serious buyer but this is a starting place for now. If terms can be met then I will cover the fees for Escrow.com to handle the transaction. Questions please ask, John

P_20191122_230703.jpg

P_20191122_231847.jpg

Archived