Help translating a Wakizashi Mei

Soulfir

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, but I'm sure it won't be the last and hopefully I'll be able to help someone in the future after I finish reading all the nihonto related books that I have coming my way.

I have a wakizashi in quite rough condition and I would be terribly grateful if you could share some insights that you might have on it. Is someone able to translate the mei or have any insights about the period this sword might be from? I'm thinking about having it professionally polished but I'd prefer to have some more knowledge about it to know if it's worth it. 

I used some effects on the mei to get it to be as readable as possible, I hope it helps!

Thank you all in advance and it's a pleasure to join the forum.

Miguel da Rocha

20210129_180124_2.jpg

20210129_175813.jpg

20210129_175823.jpg

Moriyma,

Thank you so much for the help! From what I could find out, Moriie is quite a famous name, even though there were a number of them. I'm guessing this might be a gimei? In this poor condition, I guess it will be hard to have an idea of the period it was made in. I might have a section polished professionally to see if it's worth polishing the whole thing.

Thank you once again!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..