WW2 Shin Gunto Japanese Officers Sword

Sendin007

Hi,

I am a new member to this forum but have been on other sites/forums, under my same user name, for many years. I am not an avid or very experienced Japanese Sword enthusiast but have always been interested in WW2 era items for collecting. I am listing my WW2 Shin Gunto Japanese Officers Sword here in hopes of selling it to fund some other projects of interest. I purchased this sword many years ago from a fellow WW2 collector and know little about its history or origin other that it was obtained by a returning WW2 soldier in the Pacific.  I have several pics to show condition here and will send others if requested. The only issues I see are the obvious 2 dings to the scabbard and one nick to the sword blade.  Otherwise it seems pretty decent overall. Please contact me through text or calls at - 309-242-1537 if interested in it. Selling for $1550.00 shipped in the US. 

Thanks again! 

thumbnail_IMG_2158.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2159.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2160.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2161.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2162.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2163.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2164.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2166.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2168.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2169.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2170.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2171.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sendin007 said:

Here is a pic of the blade chip. 

Chip Blade.jpg

Thanks! I'm still a newbie when I comes to these things but that is a lot better than I thought. It it made it past to or past the hamon line that would've been a fatal flaw I believe but this may be fixable. 

While I agree that the chip could be removed by a competent polisher I would leave it alone, part of the swords history. I think you have a nice offering here.

First two kanji are a slogan 必勝 Hissho! Certain Victory!

The artist is Kato Jumyo 加藤寿命

There should be plenty of good info online.

-t

• Like 2

If anyone has interest in this fine sword I also have it listed on Gunbroker auctions #890622860. It has a lower starting price ($1375.00) and buy it now price at $1550.00, same as I have it here. Free shipping if sold here at $1550.00. This is a great form! Thanks again for the interest! 

Understand about the condition issues.  But I feel the price has been adjusted to an affordable value for it so a newer collector can get a real piece of Japanese WW2 Military History as it was found by the veteran. Will consider serious offers if I'm missing the boat on this.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..