Bring back swords...

jaken

My father in law was with the 7th Army and was an artillery liason on Luzon in WW2. He gave me two Japanese swords he brought back after the war was over. I am very ignorant about these swords. One looks cheaply made and the other is of better quality. Anything you fine folks can tell me about them would be most appreciated. I'll post one at a time with the better of the two first. I can supply more pictures if necessary.

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Machine made blade. 

Um... not sure what else to tell you. There is a bit of a write in a couple of books about these. Basically though, they were actually made to be proper weapons if necessary, issued to police patrol members and the scabbard are supposed to be plated. I do wonder sometimes if they were originally issued 'in the white' though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..