埋忠 重義 - Umetada Shigeyoshi Tsuba

Kurikata

Dear Tosogu friends,

I let you comment this  Umetada Shigeyoshi (  埋忠橘重義 ) Tsuba. If someone has a clue on who is the artist having signed it (among the 12 to 15 artists having signed this way) it would be a plus.

Other question: I guess the design is height Ginko leaves  and represents a Family crest . What are you views?

Thank you

tsuba127-1.jpeg

tsuba127-2.jpeg

• Like 2

hmmm............ Icho-no-ha, 銀杏の葉 ginkgo could be, although I didn't see it that way at first. (The leaves tend to be ragged on the outside edges.) I really like this unusual tsuba.

https://www.google.com/search?q=銀杏の葉家紋&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi8gafgtL7uAhWIw4sBHf4QBhwQ_AUoAXoECAYQAw&biw=1366&bih=625

@Sebastien: That is a good idea and would be in the Japanese mind set (I like the idea of the Tsuba being the whole rebus for Ume.)

@John A Stuart: That is probably the most close Kamon we could find and related to the Akeshi family (Bellflower)

Thank you both of you for those very interesting proposals.

150px-Tokikikyo.svg.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..