ALERT - ALERT -ALERT - TSUBA MISSING

Jean

Tracking number CC827521965FR/EH296972629GB

These two tsuba send to Grev on October 12th arrived in England on the 14th and were detained by English Customs waiting for an invoice and stating that either the Sender or the Sendee will be contacted.

Noone was contacted. After An inquiry from Parcel Force International, it seems That Customs lost the parcel.

Theft is not excluded so look out after these two tsuba and If you see them contact either Grev or me by PM.

There were a mirror tsuba katana size and a Sakura Yamakichibei wakizashi size

C04E676C-8F8A-49F4-B09D-ED5B3F0CC4DB.jpeg

3D8AD08D-79F3-48C5-B2E8-E8E3EEB467F5.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 4

sorry, i do but not really understand this story here! i do confess!

Those both Tsuba were dispatched via the US - comming from France... right?

Again dispatched from the US to Great Britain....right ?

so back to Europe again / hopefully in full contract!

eitherway.... very strange!

i never ever had any loss during my collectors career yet!

always thought reading such is rather nomenclature to the average level.....

as i say,

this is very strange!

• Like 1

Christian,

Tsuba were sent by myself from France to England. At 99,9%, English Customs does not interfere. Nobody knows why they pick up this parcel saying they were to contact Grev or myself to have an invoice. Strange, as UK was still part of EU. After 3 moths, their only feedback is : « we lost the package »

extremely strange!  ( i do repeat me )

i had myself some change in Tsuba collection with Grev in past years!

I never had any complaints! neither from custom, neither from providers and last but not least by customer.....

as i say! i never personally had any such complaints yet....

UK or US....

Thank you for the warning!

• Like 1

Though unlikely to find their way down here I will keep my eye out on auction sites - I never forget a face! Lets hope they are sitting under a pile of yet to be delivered packages. Nothing is ever truly lost and with hundreds of lookers they will reemerge. :steamed: 

THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE IS ON THE CASE!

• Like 2

I sent a complete HKS silent flow exhaust system to the UK, and even with the tracking number it was ‘lost’ after arriving at Crewe(?) where the central customs depot is, right?

Eventually they sent me a photo of an old rusty system standing in a corner. “This it?”

Nope.

In the end it did magically turn up, but probably because I had kicked up such a fuss.

• Wow 1

So, I have just suffered a minor hiccough too and want to share:

- when people see that their item has arrived in the UK, and has been in Customs / the distribution depot , for 3-5 days, they should call Parcelforce International and start chasing what has been going on with their parcel

- usually things go OK

- but last week, some clever bod at Parcelforce (clearing agent for parcels arriving in the UK , eg from the US via USPS or Japan via EMS) had managed to make two crucial typing mistakes: misspell my surname and mistype the house number where I live, despite the parcel having all the correct information

- as a result, the customs charge notice went to some neighbor of mine, who does not even know me and did not know how to contact me to tell me about that 

So, having read the above, I decided to call Parcelforce yesterday and clear all it up. Today, I am the happy recipient of my parcel, which had been in the clearing depot since 22 Jan. 

• Like 3

Interesting, and a good reminder that we depend on invisible people correctly doing their job.

I always assume that shipping a package isn't rocket science but it's surprising the number of mistakes I've seen which made me wonder what had happened.

Once I had a package from Japan (containing a tsuba) sent to a remote town in France (Seyssinet Pariset) where I've never been (and will probably never go). The correct address was in Paris. I will never know how Paris magically became Seyssinet Pariset during the shipping. It took me 10 frantic calls to the carrier hotline and several emails to the Japanese seller to get this sorted out.

Another time, I got a katana sent from Japan automatically sent back to the seller with the rationale "Delivery refused" (supposedly by me). At that time, I was at home, waiting for the delivery, noone rang at the door... That feeling when you refresh the tracking page and read "Package sent back to sender" :steamed:  The package was then sucked into a black hole for 6 weeks with no way to know if it was still in France, in transit to Japan or lost... Eventually the package showed up in Japan and was delivered to me in 3-4 days. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kissakai said:

Great news the tsuba arrived today after 5 months

I will post more information of the chain of events leading up to this delivery day

Happy but not surprised. As I said somewhere else, it is a bad time to send anything that has to go through customs. The guys are backlogged and getting stuff on time or at all is hit and miss... :) :(

On 1/29/2021 at 6:01 PM, francois2605 said:

I.....Another time, I got a katana sent from Japan automatically sent back to the seller with the rationale "Delivery refused" (supposedly by me). At that time, I was at home, waiting for the delivery, noone rang at the door... That feeling when you refresh the tracking page and read "Package sent back to sender" :steamed:  The package was then sucked into a black hole for 6 weeks with no way to know if it was still in France, in transit to Japan or lost... Eventually the package showed up in Japan and was delivered to me in 3-4 days. ...

François,

the same thing happened to me just afew weeks ago with a Japanese cooking knife!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..