Swordsofjapan.com status updates

Ray Singer

Opening this thread for updates related to upcoming sales. I went to central Florida today to pick up an new collection for consignment. Pieces included Hizen Tadayoshi (rokudai), Yamato Tegai (Nanbokucho), Sagami (no) kami Masatsune, Magoroku Kanemoto, shodai Kawachi (no) kami Kunisuke, Ujifusa, and others. Please check back for new items to be posted for sale here soon.

Best regards,

Ray

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Adding to this collection a blade by Harukuni with kinzogan-mei, owner's inscription and the Yagyu adage Katsujinken Satsujinken.

Katsujinken Satsujinken - A sword that takes life also gives life

The Yagyū Shinkage Ryū is one of the most honored and venerable systems of classical swordsmanship with a history that stretches back 450 years. Known as the swordless style, which combines swordsmanship and zen. Besides its formidable technique, it is famous for an adage: katsujinken satsujinken 殺人刀活人剣. The literal reading is “the sword of life; the sword of killing.” A common translation is slightly different: “the sword that takes life is the sword that gives life.” Yet the deeper meanings are not straightforward. The aikidō sensei and Zen priest, Furuya Kenshō, noted that it was regarded as a kōan, a teaching riddle intended to provoke enlightenment through prolonged contemplation.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

If there is something that anyone is looking for, I have added a number of interesting swords to my website. I also have many more than have not been listed yet on my site yet, but were posted to Instagram.

• Ayanokoji daito (75cm)
  • Henmi Yoshitaka katana
  • New gendaito, including Endo Mitsuoki

https://swordsofjapan.com/product-category/swords/

Please email me at raymondsinger@gmail.com with any questions, or if I can help find something specific.

Best regards,

Ray

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..