Interesting Odd Shape Tsuba for you collectors out there

Infinite_Wisdumb

Kobushi -gata  [closed fist shape] one of the more common 'odd shaped' designs. The one you have pictured is a widely copied design, some are very recent cast fakes- I don't believe this one is fake, the workmanship looks good , I can't attest to the mei, but it could be genuine. The example from the Georg Oeder collection has the same mei. There is a poorer example in this thread - 

image.thumb.png.58d0989a0afd977b6524986f7b781aa7.pngimage.thumb.png.8f11c4f0d10d8c1e2e6aadec55ac64ff.png

One of my big ugly  kobushi brutes.

Tembo school, or Nobuiye style Kobushi-gata [closed-fist shaped] very large  guard. | Самурай

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

May I propose to you to look on the KINKO MEIKAN the TERUTOMO signatures, p379.

From various discussions with experienced people, it seems that TERUTOMO was the main preparer of OMORI TERUHIDE in order to face the requests of clients.

If so the quality  should be above that which is figured on the pics.

I own myself a FK from OMORI TERUTOMO which got TOK HOZ, and the work is totally different.

The kao, to speak only of that, is different  from KINKO MEIKAN ones.

IMO it should be a copy.

Best

Marc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..