who here buys from JAUCE

I have been buying books with Jauce for some years. Might not be the cheapest one but it is very easy to use and I have found it very good for books. Of course the downside when buying big heavy books is that shipping is super expensive if you don't use the cheapest option. But as many of the books I've bought have been very rare and expensive I'd rather pay expensive fast shipping than go for 90 day transport. Of course for very large cheap bulk stuff that cheap option is good. As you dont need to stress about those too much.

Haven't found many issues. I think only one is that some of the sword books have been listed as swords, so I need to make an application for them that they open the bidding on the item. I assume they need to check it manually as it sometimes can take quite a bit due to timezone differences etc. That might be a big issue if an interesting auction is near ending and you cannot bid on a book etc. as their system sees that as a sword item...

Keep persisting Hamish , I agree with all that Jussi has said. It is easy to transact although the postage for books  is expensive ( it is expensive from the US too ). I use what they call surface mail which is cheaper but takes about 40 to 60 days to get to Australia. The stuff is always well packed .

Ian Brooks

cheers guys. theres heaps of goodies i MUST HAVE hahahah but books at good prices. ill keep you posted.

but ill grap a few cheap items to see how we go.  prob a few catch and release items to test the waters.

cheers again.

PS Ian long time since we spoke, i hope all is well on the other side of the country 

Hi Hamish I have been buying gear [mostly tsuba] for about seven years from Jauce. I agree with Ian the packaging is so good you could literally drop it from a plane! The shipping at the moment is expensive DHL, was not so bad when EMS was open. The Jauce format is very different to eBay, you need to deposit your funds first before an auction, I find this an advantage as you can't spend what you don't have! They do drop in some strange fees though - deposit fee, banking fee, winning fee and you are charged the local postage cost getting to the Jauce warehouse [ even though I suspect the seller pays for that up front] I hope that doesn't put you off because the bargains you can get really out weigh the little fee nibbles. I have bought some items through auction for as low as 1 yen [with no other bidders] and a lot of identical material on eBay were four or five times the price - and you still pay shipping. 

Have fun.

All I can say is that BUYEE has been a nightmare for me.

--- AVOID  BUYEE ---

I will try someone else in time, possibly JAUCE, Zenmarket, or one of the other 2 or 3 proxy firms out there.

BUYEE shipping is like juggling chainsaws. It rarely goes well. All tsuba shipped in their boxes on their centerposts, no matter how much I ask them NOT to do so.

Their customer service is also of the F.U. school of diplomacy. I once paid for an "Inspection Photo" of an item. They sent me a photo of the bubble wrap. Any reply from Customer Service is combative. The last 2 have been polite, but still F.U......  and then they always thank you for using them in the future. --Cretins--.

Apparently people have had a lot worse experiences than me:  from halting payments to having to threaten to get the police involved.  

AVOID BUYEE.

• Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..