For the Shin Gunto collector who has everything

IJASWORDS

Rarely do you see these for sale, a Japanese WW2 light weight Shin Gunto. Pictured against the regular sword, the light weight sword has everything on a reduced scale, including the rare pierced tsuba. 

This would suit the Gunto OR Militaria collector, because they are so hard to find, especially a complete original example like this one. 

It took me years to find this one, and I doubt I will ever find one again. I am reluctantly letting it go, so that I can fund another sword purchase. 

At USD1850, or sensible offer, I will add a sword bag, and express post it with tracking. This is an opportunity to acquire something special out of the ordinary.  

a10.jpg

a11.jpg

a12.jpg

a13.jpg

a14.jpg

Bazza, the blade is chrome plated, with an etched on Hamon. 

Mal, yes, this is the much rarer early war version with the pierced tsuba. Some times referred to as Parade, but also worn by officers on occasions when the heaver sword was impractical. There have been a couple for sale over the years, but very few with all the fittings complete and original, especially the earlier versions.  

These are so rare neil, especially one in mint condition! You're practically giving it away! People expect $1,200 for a good condition common 95. If it were in my circle of collecting you'd have sold this the instant I saw the listing.

its finding the person who needs  it badly is the trick. like all dress swords, its a nitch area.

i had to wait a while to sell my published 1883 naval admirals flag sword, but in the end IT WILL sell. i think this is the either the 2nd or 3rd iv seen in 20 years. lets put it this way, im thinking hard about it hahahhaha

Archived