Wakizashi help please

Markdd

Hi Mark.

Well I like it.  Looking at the sword from the back edge what do you see?  On one side  of the nakago there is the remains of a hi which runs out, this suggest quite a few polishes and would usuallyy be associated with Koto work.    He re is one which usefully has oshigata from both generations to compare. http://www.nihonto.us/YASUHIRO WAKIZASHI.htm  Unusual long habaki.

If you are anywhere near the South West then fell free to get in touch when this is all over.

All the best.

Mark,

I like your sword a lot - nice shape, nice nie. On the one hand, the mei and the placement of the nakago ana seem right. On the other hand, as Geraint pointed out, the age seems off. The nakago jiri seems off as well. The workmanship doesn’t match yasuhiro’s Ishido style, either. So, I am leaning on gimei. Again, regardless of the mei, it is a nice sword. 

Hoanh

Thanks for the input looked lots of examples of swords with the same Mei,so many variations? but they all start in the same relationship to the ana like mine does? variation in the Nakagojiri do exist slightly mine is very similar not completely different, cant comment on workmanship as I know nothing yet,

Gearing asked what do I see from the back edge, what am I looking for?

From reading up I see they were very productive smiths and moved from Kishu to Osaka did this bring about and variation to sword production styes and Mei,

I do have 3 books but non go into Mei or variations

Thanks for any help mark

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..