Katana Mei Translation Help Needed Please

hddennis

If you could, please post pictures of the blade.  Would be curious to see if it looks similar to the one I bought!   Also curious if yours has any stamps on it as mine didn't.  Had perhaps a spot where one could have possibly been thougb.  I can tell mine is non-traditional (not tamagahane) steel but the blade is water quenched and over all is actually quite a beauty.  Also curious what the koshirae is....is it gunto?

10 hours ago, waljamada said:

If you could, please post pictures of the blade.  Would be curious to see if it looks similar to the one I bought!   Also curious if yours has any stamps on it as mine didn't.  Had perhaps a spot where one could have possibly been thougb.  I can tell mine is non-traditional (not tamagahane) steel but the blade is water quenched and over all is actually quite a beauty.  Also curious what the koshirae is....is it gunto?

Adam,  all I can tell you is he says there are no stamps and blade is in what appears to be it's original shirasaya. He and I were curious as to why a blade made in 1945 would not have gone straight to Gunto mounts. Here's photos he sent in initial inquiry.

20210115_163644.jpg

20210115_163802.jpg

20210115_163835.jpg

20210115_163932.jpg

20210115_163950.jpg

Howard, that looks very similar to the one I purchased.  Also looks water quenched but doesn't look tamagahane.  Odd that it also doesn't have a stamp on it...wonder whats going on with this maker and not having stamps.  That is a clean looking blade.  The kissaki on mine is also a "fat" one (wide along the mune side).  Kind of like the stainless steel navy swords have.  

10 hours ago, waljamada said:

Howard, that looks very similar to the one I purchased.  Also looks water quenched but doesn't look tamagahane.  Odd that it also doesn't have a stamp on it...wonder whats going on with this maker and not having stamps.  That is a clean looking blade.  The kissaki on mine is also a "fat" one (wide along the mune side).  Kind of like the stainless steel navy swords have.  

I agree 100% bar steel could be swedish steel though still a really cool blade for the right price of course.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..