WTB or trade for anything Kano Natsuo

masakatsu

Hello All,

I am interested in buying, or trading for, anything Kano Natsuo related.  I have some VERY nice fittings that could be included in trade.  Particularly interested in tsuka or saya fittings, habaki, kogatana, kiseru, kakejiku and kagamibuta.   Please contact me if you have something that might be of interest.

Matt

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought the description must be mistaken. It doesn't look like a squid (more like a mussel). But it is actually the cuttlebone and the beak of the squid. Very unusual theme, I think.

I can't quite make out who did the hakogaki. Anyway, if you are looking for a Natsuo piece and you don't jump at this one, you may be waiting a long time for another opportunity like this to arise.

(↑Said without any consideration of price...but if you are in the market for a Natsuo item you probably already have an idea that you will be paying a lot of money.)  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@masakatsu Two recent listings on Japanese Yahoo Auction for nitokoromono futatokoromono from Kano. Slightly unusual to see futatokoromono in the first place, but highly unusual to see two from Kano appearing near simultaneously. Perhaps just recently entered the market from someone's collection? As usual, online auctions attract suspicion, but they caught my eye and I thought you might want to take a look.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j1087655473    Kanzan hakogaki of Spring of 1972

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r1081636638   Kanzan hakogaki of Summer 1974.

Edit: On closer look, these items are almost exactly the same. Same design, same mei, but slight differences in the tagane marks around the nakago-ana. Also the mei on the kozuka is different. Anyway, now I've become very suspicious of these. They do not look like great Kano works. They are circulating around auction sites. I'm also finding other, equally questionable Kano works available at auction from one of these same sellers. 

Edit #2: A friend reminds me the proper name for the set of two is futatokoromono, not "nitokoromono". Now corrected.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...