why do people do this

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

What a pointless exercise. Not sure what he's trying to prove. A $2 gas station knife will cut paper if it's sharpened.

yea and his next video   probly  about how to sharpen it i hope to the sword god he does not do it.Micah

Hes  definitely gonna sharpen it I translated apart here it is.  i heard later, it seems that the Japanese swords that are being bought and sold have not been finished and sharpened.  No wonder it was sharp and I thought it had a bad taste.  From now on, he will spend time sharpening this Japanese sword.  Originally he asks a sharpener, but he will sharpen himself and upload it here.  Is it really possible to sharpen it safely? 

5 minutes ago, ROKUJURO said:

The result is that kitchen knives are sharper than Japanese swords. So don't use swords in the kitchen!

In case he leaves the tomato juice on the blade for a short while, he will have learned even something more. 

well he thinks the sword is not  Finished lol. because he said it was not sharp  Of course it's not  probly a really old Polish on that sword im going to lose it if he does sharpen it.Micah

He probably took a stone and ran it along the ha, making it dull.  I have seen dealers do this when there are small nail catcher chips.  It is easy for a potential buyer to overlook the fact that the ha has been reduced less than one mm.  

On 1/15/2021 at 4:57 PM, Surfson said:

He probably took a stone and ran it along the ha, making it dull.  I have seen dealers do this when there are small nail catcher chips.  It is easy for a potential buyer to overlook the fact that the ha has been reduced less than one mm.  

Ughh—never thought of that, but of course there would be a financial incentive for unscrupulous dealers to do this.  (Always nice to learn even one more way the world can be awful...)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..