Owari Tsuka

Hello!

I am interested in finding pictures of the style of Owari tsuka ito, if anyone could list a reference to Owari tsuka or post pictures I would be very appreciative.  I know they did things a bit different and would like to see some true Owari tsuka ito work. 

Thank you!

Chuck

• Like 1

Oh..! I did not realise it was that expensive, The book is written mostly in Japanese, but here are some excellent pics - that I presume show typical Owari Tsuka. BTW Markus Sesko has some koshirae books out explaining the characteristics of Owari koshirae/ tsuka that details the kashira size in comparison to the fuchi size etc. which compliments this book. I can take better photos later, when I have more time - if you need..

Barrie.

1580759829_OwariTsuka1.thumb.jpg.aed2c7b0943663e914fc6a3e2aaccff3.jpg

120737323_OwariTsuka2.thumb.jpg.d7e1c935f3a291fa37ddc49c843edf41.jpg

Hello Chuck J,

I have a copy of  the above discussed book by Barrie B. I purchased it from Grey Doffin. Here is this website: Store | Japanese Sword Books & Tsuba (japaneseswordbooksandtsuba.com). I did some translations of a few pages from the book with the help of my wife for my most recent article for the JSSUS. A online copy of that article can be found here on my website: GALLERIES (tsubaotaku.com). It is at the bottom of the webpage in a section titled "Published Articles by the Tsuba Otaku".       

4 hours ago, Soshin said:

Hello Chuck J,

I have a copy of  the above discussed book by Barrie B. I purchased it from Grey Doffin. Here is this website: Store | Japanese Sword Books & Tsuba (japaneseswordbooksandtsuba.com). I did some translations of a few pages from the book with the help of my wife for my most recent article for the JSSUS. A online copy of that article can be found here on my website: GALLERIES (tsubaotaku.com). It is at the bottom of the webpage in a section titled "Published Articles by the Tsuba Otaku".       

Thank you!!

• Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..