Why do people bid on this crap

I agree with Chris
People have in nature to believe that this is a bargain
People buy miraculous water filters, pills after which you will immediately lose 20 kg or  water for bald  after which you will have a mane like in your twenties
It is always a lack of information and education
And there are always plenty of buyers

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Anyone with an iota of experience with nihonto would know this is trash.

I think sometimes we forget here... what percent of the population REALLY has “an iota of experience” with nihonto?  Not everyone is as crazy... err ummm... ‘enlightened’ as we are. :)

• Like 1

Mark said:

> I think sometimes we forget here... what percent of the population REALLY has “an iota of experience” with nihonto?  Not everyone is as crazy... err ummm... ‘enlightened’ as we are. :)

Yes, well, quite true Mark.  On one occasion I visited an older gent who had 25 Japanese swords and had been collecting for 3 or so years. Yep, all Chinese junk and not one Nihonto amongst them.  On another occasion it was a man I knew who had some nice Packard cars and 15 Japanese swords.  Same deal again.  The kicker in this case was that a friend of the Packard owner, hearing of my visit, had brought along his single Japanese sword and to the ire of my Packard-owning mate it was a genuine Nihonto...  I feel we could continue this thread ad infinitum...

BaZza.

It's simple really....the lure of easy money or wealth is the basis for all con's and scams, it matters not the subject or item. Sunken treasure, lost gold mine, buried mason jar full of coins, helping out the poor Nigerian lad. etc., etc.

Personally, I have found that nothing has any real value, until one has invested either sweat, time or love into it.

I gave up any illusion of instant benefit, once I aged into an adult.

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..