Kanenobu katana back up for sale

Robert Housley

Hello to all. I am listing this for sale again because I have another very ill cat. He has lymphoma and I need to get him into treatment immediately. I am offering a drastic discount in hopes of a very quick sale. I have attached a picture of Mittens as well.

Blade length: 28.12 inches

Sori: 0.6 inches

Width at hamachi: 1.3 inches

Width at kissaki: 0.87 inches

Kasane: 0.29 inches

Mekugi: 2

Said to be from mid muromachi period. Attributed to Kanenobu (Shiga Seki)

With NBTHK Hozon paper and whole Oshigata from AOI art.

I am asking $2800.00 plus shipping and PayPal fees. I am enclosing pictures and scans done origionally by AOI Art. I hope they will not mind. Their images are far better than mine would be. I will not ship internationally. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Robert

post-2707-0-48253000-1539013925_thumb.jpg

post-2707-0-34155500-1539014072_thumb.jpg

post-2707-0-30811700-1539014109_thumb.jpg

post-2707-0-94493900-1539014142_thumb.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

Robert, as a cat guy (I’m giving shelter and food to about 20 stray cats, all of them gathered when they were starving and sick), I can only wish my best to you and Mittens. Our little pets are often more human than other humans and I’ve lost so many over the years that I feel your pain. I hope Mittens recovers.

Best to you and Mittens,

JP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I share your pain Jean. As I’ve said, having many, I’ve lost many. I can say I love and loved them all. But we all a special one in our heart. Mine was called Rookie. I first saw him one day, about one kilometer from my house. Thin as a rail. Orange fur. 

Somehow, during the night, he travelled that kilometer and was in my garden, so starving that he was eating dirt. I went to him, he wasn’t even afraid and came right up to me. I took him home and fed him. He got much better and was the most adorable creature I’ve ever had.

Sadly, it didn’t last long enough. Cancer took him from me barely 5 years later. To this day, this cat was the cat of my life.

I'll be praying for Mittens too. Keep us informed Robert.

JP

I've lost two wonderful cats to lymphoma, & although it can be treated, it can't be cured. We finally decided that their quality of life was no longer what we would want, if we were in their place. So we took out veterinarian's advice, & let them pass peacfully, in our arms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, after many false messages from USPS, the sword arrived about 1 hour ago, in perfect shape. Mail from Cincinnati to Williamsburg takes USPS longer than DHL from Tokyo and there is no way to contact a person. After the horror stories about empty packages arriving lately, I can now rest comfortably. The blade is beautiful and rather hefty despite the bo-hi. Now on to the kosherae!

Robert -

Wow, Mittens looks like our tuxedo cat, Ridge.  I hope Mittens has a good life whatever is remaining of it. We lost our previous cat, also a rescue, to cancer 2.5 years ago.  It is always hard to loose a companion. My heart and Ridge's goes out to you and Mittens.

Rich

Ridge11.jpg

• Like 2

The oncologist did biopsies and the results were the worst possible news. Mittens has carcinoma in his kidneys, liver, pancreas, spleen, and stomach. No chance for treatment due to the aggressive nature of the cancer. Now I have to decide when his quality of life is low enough to euthanize the poor guy. He has medication that stimulates his appetite and another that keeps the nausea away. He is on Prednisone and it seems to keep some of the inflammation down, but I think his pain will get worse. He is still enjoying catnip, but I figure we only have a matter of days. Thank you all for your words of support. Darrel, I am glad the sword arrived undamaged. She is a hefty and healthy blade. 

Robert Housley

• Sad 4

So sorry to hear that, Robert.

Prednisone is cortisone. Cortisone has good and bad effects. On the plus side, it dulls the pain and slows down the disease. However, it slowly destroys the kidneys function. As I’ve  said earlier, I’ve seen many of my little friends go. Many have died either from liver or kidney failure and trust me, they suffer a lot. 

I know it is painful but my advice would be to do what is right at the right moment. If you see Mittens stop eating for more than three days, then the time has surely come.

One of my cat had FLV. I was able to keep her with me for six more months by slowly raising the cortisone doses with veterinary supervision, but sadly, cancer is faster. 

When you hesitate, think about Mittens first. But it’s always a hard decision to make...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..