水府住 重親 彫之 - ShigeChika tsuba

Kurikata

Hi Tosogu friends

I recently purchased this tsuba signed 水府住  重親  彫之 - Mito  school Shigechika. I do not find any shigechika in mito school from Haynes but one living in "Fujiwara" and web sources are scarce. Does someone  know if there is a Fujuwara place in Mito ?

Thank you

tsuba557 -Lempertz-1166-682-Asian-Art-A-Mito-iron-tsuba-19th-century_1e034050a2 (1).jpg

tsuba557 -Lempertz-1166-682-Asian-Art-A-Mito-iron-tsuba-19th-century-a_2281253f0d.jpg

• Like 1

Fujiwara-kyo was located in Yamato province (present-day Kashihara in Nara Prefecture) it was burnt to the ground in 711 -  I don't think that is it. 

Fujiwara (藤原町, Fujiwara-chō) was a town located in Inabe District, Mie Prefecture, Japan.

On December 1, 2003, Fujiwara, along with the towns of Inabe (former), Hokusei and Daian (all from Inabe District), was merged to create the city of Inabe.

There is also mention of the Fujiwara clan - could that be a reference to look into?

• Like 1

OK, well for sure they think its 重親. I just wonder if they think its one of the guys listed in Wakayama, or if they think its a different smith, or... It just feels funny that there should be no record of this one from 水府. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..