Introduction to Nihonto Australia

Welcome to Nihonto Australia's Nihonto Message Board page. 

To those of you who I haven’t yet had the pleasure to meet or discuss Japanese swords with my name is John Grasso.  Here I thought that I would briefly introduce myself, Nihonto Australia and Samurai Gallery Australia.

After studying and collecting Japanese swords for over 15 years I launched what would become the first version of Nihonto Australia in 2006.  At the time Nihonto Australia was one of the first Australian websites totally dedicated to Japanese swords and their related artefacts.

Now after having collected Japanese swords for over 30 years I still find the subject fascinating and enjoy sharing my passion with other collectors and enthusiasts in Australia and across the globe. In 2014, I opened Samurai Gallery Australia to further continue sharing my passion for the subject. Samurai Gallery Australia is a gallery located in Cairns, dedicated to all aspects of historical Japanese works of art and particularly Samurai swords, armour and artefacts.

I travel to Japan frequently in order to further my study and knowledge in Japanese swords.  This regular travel gives me the opportunity to acquire special pieces for my clients as well as my gallery in Cairns.  Many of my clients have now built expansive, wonderful collections of specifically hand-picked swords and artefacts. If you are looking for a special piece for your collection, as a gift or to exhibit in a museum or art gallery I can assist you to make the right decision in acquiring the perfect work of art.

We are members of the the NBTHK (Nihon Bijutsu Token Hozon Kyokai or Society for the Preservation of Japanese Art Swords), the Great Britain Token Society, the Australian Society for the preservation of Japanese art swords and the Australian Heritage and Arms Society.

We are always looking to purchase high quality Japanese Swords, Artefacts and Artworks.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you’re interested in any of our Japanese Swords or Artefacts.  If you’re ever in Cairns, Australia don’t forget to stop by Samurai Gallery Australia to see our collection.  We take bookings by appointment. 

John Grasso

https://nihonto.com.au/

• Like 4

Hi Grev,

Thanks for your message. This is something I am often asked by people that are unfamiliar with us or our website.  

In addition to the website (Nihonto Australia) I also own and operate a Samurai Gallery/Museum (Samurai Gallery Australia) in Cairns, Queensland which currently exhibits many of our items. Some of the items listed on our website are also on display at Samurai Gallery Australia and therefore we do not provide a price.  

However, most of our items are available for purchase and I am more than happy to discuss prices with those who express an interest in any of our items. Feel free to contact me if you would like any further information about a particular item. 

In the near future I will be posting a number of items on this forum which will include a price. We hope this will be of assistance.

I offer free worldwide shipping and will contribute a donation to the Nihonto Message Board for any sales made as a result of this forum. 

Kind regards

John

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Bought several items from John over the years. Always great pieces and great service.  Also had a chance to visit his gallery in Cairns in 2019. Many amazing items on display.  John was kind enough to give my kids an antique American coin during the visit.  One of my children has now become a coin collector thanks to John.

All the best for the new year mate. Hope to see you again in Cairns post COVID.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes , John and Kristie are Good Guys !

Easy to deal with , but also Very Professional and helpful 

Also able to organise  polishing , shinsa , having koshirae made etc.. services through his direct contacts in Japan , while my blades were in Japan 

Totally recommend Nihonto Australia  🇦🇺😁👍

Cheers  , Alan 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...