WTB a few things...

mtexter

Here's my wish list:

-Type-95 Gunto wooden tsuba and tsuka (BIG bonus if they match serial # 213182)  Happy to spend ≈USD$200-300  for the pair - picture here.  UpperHalf.JPG

-A complete daisho, not necessarily by a well-known smith, not necessarily in great condition.  I'm all ears in terms of what a daisho traditionally consists of, whether a katana + wakizashi, or wakizashi + tanto, etc.

Budgetary figure ≈USD$1000-2000 which I'm allowing myself as an early birthday present :)  If anyone has something collecting dust that they'd want to let go to a rookie collector like myself, please get in touch!

-2 pairs of menuki, nothing special here but if one could be somehow related to the tea ceremony (younger brother's tanto needs these), and the other related somehow to cherry blossoms (not the military-style ones) for my wakizashi (see my avatar, it's the kashira for the set).  ≈USD$100 for each pair?

-A contact for arranging a polish, handle re-wrap, saya restoration/re-creation and origami attempt for my wakizashi.   I don't have even a rough idea of a total price for all of this work.  The logistics are a little daunting...

Thanks for looking!  As always, I'm open to any input or thoughts from all of our forum regulars.  Everything you guys do is awesome and I truly appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike, 

Try Paul Martin for the restoration work and shinsa: https://www.thejapanesesword.com

He’s based in Japan, speaks fluent Japanese and can approach suitable craftsmen for the work required. I’ve used him for polishing and shinsa but have a search on the board as he is well recommended.

Archived