Wakizashi mei translation request

blade

Hello forum knowledge bank - I am a new member seeking a translation of the mei below (I am a maker not a collector so my Japanese is severely limited). I have spent the day searching the avenues of information without success, so have turned to the experts. I have indicated where I believe the marks are on the nakago, from other age indents. I am researching the details for a friend who owns it so it is not for sale. 

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Details:

type: Wakizashi

length: 40cm

condition: generally good condition, some cut marks across the blade side, some very minor V cuts into the ha.

fittings: probably fitted at a later time, chrome? tsuba (with mei) and a solid wood handle, possible field married.

ccc.jpg

eee.jpg

cccc.jpg

越前守藤原康綱

It's hard to read clearly so you might need someone with better eyes than me but I think Echizen Kami Fujiwara Yasutsuna.

For me the "zen", "kami" and "Yasu" kanji are fairly clear and by process of elimination, running down Markus Sesko's list of titles awarded to swordsmiths, this is the only one with this three kanji combination. I'm not convinced by the last character fitting this and whilst I don't think I've overlooked any, that's all I can boil it down to. Hopefully you'll get some other views to either knock this over or confirm it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..