Leather hanger for Type 95 Cavalry 騎兵用?

BANGBANGSAN

I found some photos of the leather hanger for Type 95, it might be for cavalry use.It's a little too big for Type 32.
This style hanger is on Fuller's book P40.

Nick has post price sheet of cavalry use Type 95 on here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/Japanese-militaria/short-development-history-type-95-gunto-676112-19/ post #181

价格.jpeg

95挂3.jpeg

95挂1.jpeg

挂1.jpeg

挂.png

32挂.jpeg

131529757_691139458429110_6895590712509862021_n.jpg

• Like 4

Could it be 中国人民解放军 (PLA)?  The Chinese 65式骑兵刀 used a two hanger setup.  It would be nice to compare this setup alongside a Type 65 Sword.  Correct me if I am wrong, but this a shoulder harness rig.

I know of one other two hanger Type 95 but in this case the second hanger is located on the drag.

Has anyone come across this Stamp before??

Thanks for sharing the pictures Trystan.

• Thanks 1

Thomas
This is not for the Chinese Type 65. Not only becauseT65 has two rings of the leather piece on the scabbard, the one I showed has one ring on the leather piece, and it has an open space that allows the ring on the scabbard to go through. Also, the leather parts are too big for T65 and T32. Here is the photo of T65's.PLA might have copied the design of Type 95's hanger though.

65骑兵刀637876-2.jpeg

images.jpeg

images (3).jpeg

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/19/2020 at 4:06 AM, Kiipu said:

Thank you for the additional information.  I poorly worded my reply above so I will clarify here.  I was thinking the leather hanger could have been made by the Chinese PLA for use with captured Japanese swords.

Found this ,seems it is for cavalry use.

95骑兵版刀带.jpeg

• Love 1

4-1 As the Type 95 Military Sword 九五式軍刀 is also becoming the official guntō for apprentice officers 見習士官, the sword belt 刀帶 and sword-knot 刀緒 for apprentice officers are being added to the accessories list of the Type 95 sword.

4-2 As the Type 95 Military Sword is also becoming the official guntō for cavalry 騎兵 apprentice officers, the sword belt for cavalry apprentice officers are being added to the accessories list of the Type 95 sword.

Translation courtesy of Nick Komiya.  The document above is dated 1940-07-05.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..