Japanese style reproduction friend won’t accept it!

Bjj

My friend who buys sells things got this sword .he asked my opinion I gave it .He is now swearing up and down to me and  arguing.Maybe if some others say it and I can show him he will cool down.I posted on another sword club and he wouldn’t except two others agreeing with me . 

Firstly, gold is no indicator of genuine. It has zero to do with genuine or not. Neither is weight.
The quality is crap. The fittings are crap. Genuine Japanese swords do not look like Damascus. That tang is terrible. The tsuba doesn't look anything like a real one unless you are a novice. The characters on the blade are a sure indicator of a fake. Everything is bad. There is ZERO chance it is real.
Tell your buddy to deal with it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I honestly I’m baffled .I spent way to much effort proving my point .He still won’t accept .He said I did not prove it to him.Show him another like it ?Then he showed me a silk screen copy now some famous Japanese artwork .I said yes I’ve seen those in a museum.Now he wants ague those .wow . So he will be posting forsale on eBay eventually and trying rip off people .I wish I can find another exact reproduction of it maybe he accept it then.I seriously think he is gone crazy and me too for even wasting my breath !

Artist: Kitagawa Utamaro  He has those originals to if you guys interested forsale .lol 

Good Evening Christian,

Perhaps suggest to your chum, that if he is convinced of its quality, then he should perhaps put it on Japanese Ebay, where serious Samurai and Ninja experts, who are also Medal of Honour recipients, and ex French Foreign Legion, Special Air Service and U.S. Navy Seal Operatives, who clandestinely protect the Emperor and the hidden gravesite of Hattori Hanzo, would see it, and be so impressed by its quality and rarity, that they may bid it  to a final value in excess of $100,000,000,00.  Just to bring this cultural icon Home.

Worth a try.........:popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3