Kabuto/Maidate/Hambo for sale or cash/part trade

Yoshimichi

Dear NMB members:

I have recently decided to let a few pieces go from things that I have had a my office. I am starting to work more remotely from home, and I will probably downsize the office. If you haven't decided what to buy yourself for Christmas, maybe this will fit the bill. Here's a chance to get a helmet without bleeding money. 

I have a 26 or 28 plate Japanese kabuto with inner lining intact, that comes with a killer demon maidate and a hambo, along with a stand (not a Japanese stand). I do not know if the helmet is signed, because I have not opened up the liner since I purchased it, I purchased it in 2015 at the SF Token Kai,  and it has been in my office since then. When purchased, the helmet did not have a maidate. The center post that holds the maidate does not have a spring clip, so I have just had the maidate sitting on the center post. I was told the maidate was Edo period and rare. All I know is that it looks great on the helmet, and someone at the show offered me $500 alone to try to buy the maidate from me.

The neck piece (shikoro?) has small chips in the lacquer. I will load up a close up photo in the next day or so. The neck piece (shikoro?) is not attached with rivets, but after I purchased it, I bought four helmet rivets from Japan. and I will include those with the sale. There is some lacquer missing in a few other areas

The hambo is included with the helmet (not original to the helmet). Overall, a unscrewed  with helmet which makes a great display piece, for a price that is below what one has to pay to own an original kabuto. 

I am going to make it fairly easy to get into this helmet. I  am asking (SOLD) net in cash,  USPS Money order, cashier's check, or Paypal ("friends and family"...I do not want to pay PayPal fees) Buyer pays shipping and any insurance costs. Alternatively (now well make it harder to resist), I will take $1,500 cash, Paypal, etc., with the same terms as with all cash, and I will ,taking the balance in trade for Japanese blades and weapons, such as hand forged katana (civilian mounts preferred), tanto, jumonji yari, original Japanese sukashi arrowheads,, antique American/English bowie knives, antique Marbles and Russell knives, Moro kris and barong, SA or SS german daggers, Civil War Cavalry sabers, Early US Gold coins,  US Morgan silver dollars, and similar such items of interest. If you got into some  pieces right, and want to offer such items in part trade for the balance of the helmet purchase price, I am open to considering offers. PM me with what you propose. I will add numerous photos.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Bill E. Sheehan Yoshimichi)

Helmet3.JPG

Helmet4.JPG

helmet5.JPG

Helmet7.JPG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..