From Brazil Wakizashi Translation help

I began receiving my first down-votes the last time I commented that a sword appeared to a Chinese fake. However, that is what I see here as well.

Elielson, based on the way this mei is signed it unfortunately does not give the impression of being an authentic Japanese sword.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Very brave of Ray and diplomatic.  The mei is interesting. There is an example of this mei  https://www.fujibi.or.jp/our-collection/profile-of-works.html?work_id=731 

in Tokyo Fuji Art Museum    "Heki Tsushima Nyudo Chikyu Tsunemitsu"   Heki (or could be read Hyoki) Tsushima is in Hokkaido.  "Nyudo" could be "entering/living in"  but here there seems to be a context of entering Buddhism, 

and the tosho Tsunemitsu making this in 1698 in Hokkaido at age 73. (my wife read into this for me).

However, I would agree with Ray,  but to me your sword looks like a very poor copy, almost by someone who doesnt speak the language?

Of course thats only a comment on the nakago.

Mal

further reading...mei has nothing to do with Hokkaido,  its about Kyushu.  Heki is in Kagoshima and Hyoki, Tsushima is part of Nagasaki. Tsunemistu was born in Shiga pref and went to Edo .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My opinion, the tang/sword is genuine based on the nakago there. But the mei is totally false and done by someone who isn't Japanese. Doesn't even look traditionally done. But the sword may be a real one...mumei. Let's see more pics.

• Thanks 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..