Mon ID help

Mu-Mei

Never seen anything like it. Five petals in side view, plus two? At the end of Edo and beginning of Meiji people started making their own Kamon, as we know.

This looks at bit like Hinagiku (daisy) from the side, so I ran searches on Hinagiku, and unusual flower Mon/Kamon. See some below.

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=珍しい+花+家紋&tbm=isch&hl=ja-jp&client=safari&prmd=isnv&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj17qa64bDtAhWRFKYKHVw3DfYQrNwCKAN6BQgBEK8B&biw=414&bih=715

Toryu, you may be right, the piece is what I would consider a little flashy and maybe the owner just like the shape.  I will move on to other topics but will check in on this in case others have opinions.  Now that I have found this site, I have a lot of research and sharing to do.  I need to decide if I am going to remove the cord and sash or leave it as I bought it.  Thanks to all, and Merry Christmas

H10540-L230015358.jpg

Hi Piers,

Yes, I ran across it and it struck me as being similar to the topic here.  I also saw several examples of lotus or what was identified as lotus which appeared very close to if not spot on for the menuki in this post.  I found that mon put in with lotus images and thought it to be a close match!

Just a thought.

Chuck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..