Tanto with differnt lacquer saya

Just joined but wanted to share and ask about this Tanto I won at auction, love the shape of blade but the lacquer work is interesting.  The tang is mumei, with one hole and the fittings are I think cherry blossoms, some are gold plated.  Tshuba is iron and incise carved and if I had to guess the blade would date to 1700's maybe earlier, the color is more gray (friend calls it "sand iron" but that may not really be a term.  Either way just sharing for enjoyment and comments.

Also, does anyone recognize the Mon in center disc of minuki?

H10540-L230015358.jpg

H10540-L230015372.jpg

H10540-L230015369.jpg

H10540-L230015360.jpg

• Like 1

I am hoping to restore some blades now I have more time.  I great friend of mine is a master at Tsuka-Maki, he did the handle and I restored the Saya and did an Ishime pattern that came out pretty good.  The Wakizashi is old blade, est. 1700's and fitting are fancy so think it may have be a merchants sword late 1800's   Also my be one to have polished. 

Picture 014.jpg

Picture 015.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..