Gallery - Playing with a new feature (in case you get notifications)

I want to add more features and incentives for Gold members, and am currently playing with the Gallery add-on that I just purchased.
This will allow Gold Tier members to create an album in their member name, and add images/photos etc. These can be commented one, reviewed or just stored there.
You can add copyright notices and control a few features.
Regular members can view and download the images, but cannot create albums or upload. I am not 100% sure where I am going with this just yet, so I am essentially playing with it to fine tune. So no rush to go create an album and populate it just yet.
Perhaps this will lead to a gallery of shoshin and papered swords, in different categories for reference.
But wanted to notify everyone, as some are getting email notifications that I uploaded an image. This would be under your regular notification settings, as it is the same as when I post new content. If you have notifications set to on for my topics, you will receive those emails.
Will update the progress as I go along. If a few people want to play a bit and create ONE album for themselves so far,  you may and we will see how useful it is.

Jean, they are not private galleries. They are public galleries.
People would not upload anything there that they wouldn't upload to the forum. For private stuff, people have their own pc's.
It may be useful for the collation of things like arsenal stamps, bonji examples, mei examples, types of kabuto etc etc. Educational rather than archival.
Besides, Google images is far easier to steal photos from if you are after anything.

I don't know how feasible this is, but I'm considering what happens to all my files (Mantetsu, stamps, koshirae, other railways, etc) when I get hit by the proverbial truck.  My family will have no use for them and likely let the SD card go after I'm gone.  I'd like to have all my files available to anyone who would like to maintain/expand on them.  I suppose I could put it in a will to contact "so-and-so" and mail the SD card to them, but I would rather have them immediately accessible - what if the whole family is in the same car hit by the Truck and I haven't made a will yet?  

The Gallery is great for individual photos, but I've got over 150 "files" of Mantetsu photos, each file containing multiple pics.  Maybe the NMB software isn't capable of creating or saving files?  If so, I could rent the space and make it my "office" for my sword research.  That way it's there for anyone to take-over when I'm gone.

I don't know.  Still looking for ideas.  I've tried establishing a Dropbox file and sharing it with a couple of guys, but I've found it awkward to update.  I suppose if I used the site as my "office" instead of my laptop SD card, it wouldn't have to be updated.  Hm.

Archived