Tokubetsu Hozon Yoshioka Ichimonji and Inoue Shinkai for sale

DanielLee

Have consigned two of my swords to Shoubudou to help me sell.

Details and high res photos and videos are available in the following links:

Tokubetsu Hozon Yoshioka Ichimonji Katana

https://www.shoubudou.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=157

Tokubetsu Hozon Inoue Shinkai Wakizashi

https://www.shoubudou.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=158

Feel free to let me know you are interested, I can work on the pricing if keen. Submission to Juyo shinsa can be arranged if required as both swords are in Japan. The submission window for this year's Juyo shinsa is 16th-18th Nov.

Will make a donation to the board if it sells to any of board members too, thanks!

• Like 6

Thanks guys! The Ichimonji i'm selling at the same price I bought it, not including the new polish which was performed by Kenji Mishima sensei. I think i still have the documentation to show for it, but part of me doesn't want to remember the polishing cost :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Those are nice swords!  Daniel, have you sold swords on consignment with that shop before?  Do you mind telling me what the commission charge is?   I have wondered about selling some of my better swords in Japan but haven't had a clue how to approach the problem. Cheers, Bob

• Like 1

The video showcase format is a great way of knowing what you're buying - far better than photos in my opinion. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSARnI8V-1s&feature=emb_logo

If I were you I wouldn't sell it at a loss. You should be patient and recoup what you have invested into it. This is a mighty fine koto sword and I see no reason why you shouldn't factor in the cost of the polish. That Ichimonji has to be one of the best koto sword I've seen offered on NMB, up there with Jean's sales. Hada and hamon, simply superb. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The Yoshioka Ichimonji passed this year's Juyo session, I still plan to sell it, but it won't be available until June 2021 when it is released from NBTHK. Will post again on NMB when the time comes.

The Inoue Shinkai wakizashi is still up for sale and I can provide a better discount if anyone is keen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..