Translation Opinion on Early Kyu Gunto Dress Sword

Edward G

Hello All:  Today I acquired an unusual dress Kyu Gunto with a hand made blade signed and dated from the Meji Period.(along with 3 other Japanese swords).  The group picture gives some perspective as to size of this dress Kyu-Gunto compared to a regular size Shin Gunto.   It has a blade which is razor sharp and has a kissaki Moroha Shape in the parade sabre configuration.   It has the early iron type scabbard and a straight handle with a peg.   In any event it has two mekugi-ana holes, and one appears to obstruct some maker kanji.   So opinions are welcomed.   I have attached many pictures of both the signature side and date side as well along with other pictures of the sword and mounts.  I attend a few sword shows and have a little experience however, I have not encountered this type configuration of a Japanese Sword previously, therefore all comments are welcomed concerning this odd bird.  The signature might be Kane Masa ,  I know for sure it is a Meji Date.   Anny thoughts on the makers name will be appreciated.

Thanks In advance

Edward G

20201109_093445.jpg

1e.JPG

1b.JPG

1a.JPG

1c.JPG

20201109_112434 (1).jpg

20201109_112450.jpg

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

Thank you Jean Collin, Thomas and Steve M.  You all have been very helpful.   I know this type sword is of an unusual configuration, and not at all common.  Does anyone have any opinions as to a value for this type sword?  I for one have never seen one with a hand made blade that is sharp signed and dated.

Thanks Again

Edward G.

Thanks 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..