Clean / Bleach old Same

Hi, I'm looking for some advice here.

I have an old Tanto that I am working on and the same is good quality but alas it is stained with brown dirt etc in patches.

Ideally, I would like to clean up and retain this piece of same on the tsuka.

I have already tried a toothbrush with soap and water, Cif and even Domestos BLEACH !

No luck.

Any ideas ?

Gwyn

I’m serious, oxy 10 should work. Put it in direct sunlight (not heat) with oxy 10. Renew every week until you are satisfied with the result. Jean's solution should work too. It’s just a bit stronger.

Another thing you can try. I doubt it will work on same as here, it is obviously age that has done the damage. Today, I wanted to clean some dirt on a cream colored ito. I used isopropyl alcohol on a rag. It removed the grime completely and dries almost instantly, preventing wood soaking. You could give it a try.

• Like 1

Let it as it is. It looks nice. After wrap with new it you will see nothing.  

Btw i don't like new bleached same. It looks like plastic.

This is same from two chinese replica swords after i aged it with my mixture.

same_1.jpg.3665382f93b2ce765df781b259ce1d82.jpgsame_2.jpg.f2749905e4a3abfcb02b684687ff327c.jpg

red_sword.thumb.jpg.14b5ca53a0eebffc72df0e1971dc27e6.jpgbrown_sword.thumb.jpg.c28d4e0c848bd656331b15cedff1a546.jpg

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..