Repairing slip found inside of the Copper handle

BANGBANGSAN

This is NOT from my sword. I got these photos from my friend, a guy he knew had a cooper handle Type 95, he decided to took off the handle to check it out since it's a little loose. Guess what ,he found a repairing slip inside, seems it's been repaired before.
With SteveM's help , it complete translated now.

Hope you guys enjoy this piece of history.

隊號(Designation of troops)/麥田部隊永...(Mugita troop Naga...)
品目(Item) 員数(Number Of Items)
修理箇所(Repaired Spot)

故障部位(Broken Part)

PS:Last photo, on the back of the paper, it has two Chines women. Maybe this repairing team was in China?

TYPE 95 REPAIR NOTE-3.jpeg

TYPE 95 REPAIR NOTE-1.jpeg

TYPE 95 REPAIR NOTE-4.jpeg

TYPE 95 REPAIR NOTE-2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Shamsy said:

That's an absolutely awesome find! Waiting for a full translation if possible. 

None of mine will ever be disassembled, despite some interesting stamps and apparently documents being found.

Steve

You might already aware ,some copper handles are not that stable and that's the reason they add another hole on the tang later for the aluminum handle.
 Here is a photo of the Gunto repair team.

GUNTO REPAIR TEAM.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BANGBANGSAN said:

Steve

You might already aware ,many copper handles are not that stable and that's the reason they add another hole on the tang later for the aluminum handle.

My coppers are all rock solid, but yes, I am aware there was some limited effort to modify a few that were returned for maintenance. I added a fair bit of info to a post a few months back about coppers that were returned and had a replacement iron tsuba added along with a second screw. There are a few second screws I consider to be less honest seeming examples, but I think the judgement is a case by case basis.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..