Ito color?

vajo

Chris,

It's not easy ! If it had a bit of original ito, at least you could justify using the same color. Hopefully, you have menuki your happy with and don't have to suffer through making that decision also... I think the Fred Lohman silk Tsuka-ito # 13 Blood red would look nice on your Tanto !

Regards,

Dave M.

• Like 1

Considering the red saya, the white same and the "red" suaka tosogu, I would not go on blue or green ito. Too many différents colors.

I would even stay on dark colors: black or dark Brown or light color like the suggested creams. IMHO, the pure white is too flashy.

Then you also need to considere the style: regular 8mm ito, 6mm thin one, jabara, etc...

Not an easy choice !

• Like 3

All good ideas you wrote and they are welcome to make a decission.

My thoughts become a little clearer. Its a long and strong tanto with simple fittings. Personal i like it colorfull. So i think i would tend indeed to leaf green (2) or a ocean blue (8) that make a hard contrast to the red saya. 6mm ito will be look better than the standard width i think. 1 and 10 looks also nice too. It's terrible... 😄

And black is classic what i like. But red looks cool too. And the cream white is very noble.

image.png.fde590f9d408f9b67b268c76e5f5a6b2.png

• Like 1

4 or 7 for me.

The reason I’m going for black and jabara maki is because there seems to be some black intermixed with the red of the saya. So black would recall that. But cream looks classy too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gunome said:

Considering the red saya, the white same and the "red" suaka tosogu, I would not go on blue or green ito. Too many différents colors.

I would even stay on dark colors: black or dark Brown or light color like the suggested creams. IMHO, the pure white is too flashy.

Then you also need to considere the style: regular 8mm ito, 6mm thin one, jabara, etc...

Not an easy choice !

I was thinking less pure white more the cream colour.... Is there a pure white Ito anyway?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave R said:

I was thinking less pure white more the cream colour.... Is there a pure white Ito anyway?

Hello Dale,

What I called "pure white" was these kind of white (the "white" not "ivory"). Don't know really if it is pure white, but it is close.

https://www.namikawa-ltd.com/product/145

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..