Florida Nihonto Show for 2021?

A word of caution - we have heard from Japan that some sanitizers will discolor kodogu - even if you're wearing gloves! Isopropyl alcohol seems to be the only accepted sanitizer for sword groups. Wishing I could be there...

-t

• 2 weeks later...

So, I need someone to distract my wife while I try to purchase stuff. that way, when she asks "How much was that?" I can say $1500. lol! If she is standing there with me, I can't trade-up on anything.

if someone has some pretty things to distract her with, please flash them around!

Seriously, I look forward to this event.

Well, the hotel has a pool, Florida Mall a short uber away and there are also the theme parks and I -Drive. Plenty to keep a person busy.

BTW, the hotel has a complimentary shuttle service within a 2.5 mile radius. That includes the airport. You would need to call ahead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Japan2112 said:

Well, the hotel has a pool, Florida Mall a short uber away and there are also the theme parks and I -Drive. Plenty to keep a person busy.

BTW, the hotel has a complimentary shuttle service within a 2.5 mile radius. That includes the airport. You would need to call ahead. 

That is some great information! Having a wife that appreciates my interests, and is also fascinated by Nihonto is both a blessing and a curse. She enjoys the shows as much as I do.

Did I mention that she's beautiful too?

I'll be driving down from Charleston on Thursday night. I have to take the wife and kids to Epcot all day Friday, so I'll be attending the show on Saturday, and maybe sneaking back on Sunday to make purchases or trade.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 10:59 AM, DTM72 said:

I'll be driving down from Charleston on Thursday night. I have to take the wife and kids to Epcot all day Friday, so I'll be attending the show on Saturday, and maybe sneaking back on Sunday to make purchases or trade.

Hello Dan C.,

Safe travels looking forward to meeting you on Saturday at the Orlando Show.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:55 AM, Soshin said:

Hello Dan C.,

Safe travels looking forward to meeting you on Saturday at the Orlando Show.

I'll keep an eye open for you. I'll be the ugly white guy with 3 beautiful Asian bodyguards...(wife and 2 teenage daughters). They will probably be carrying a couple of my Nihonto. The daughters feel tougher than they already are when they are holding them. lol

• Like 1

No photos but traffic inside the show was a little light on Friday but pretty heavy today. A great show as always with a lot of great vendors and a whole lot of Great items to see and buy. Stop by tomorrow and say hello, you will be glad you did. There is something for everyone here.  Thank you Bob for making this a great show again

MikeR

Wife and daughters put up with my slow pace all day so biggest thanks to them. Sold a katana, bought a katana. Looked at some beautiful pieces and had many great conversations. Many thanks to Mark Jones for all my previous purchases and today's purchase as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I picked up a few nice tsuba at the Orlando show this weekend. Here is one; an early Akasaka. Any ideas of motif?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

P.S. - very nice show, although I took no pictures - around 55 tables, several Juyo token. More swords than tsuba.  A nice Sadamune tanto (sayagaki and TBH) sold to a friend. He saw it first. Thanks to Bob Elder for organizing this show.

Ko Akasaka midare sukashi.jpg

• Like 4

Sold number of Japanese sword fittings and one sword at the show. It was really fun. I cannot wait until next year. Here is a photo I did with my iPhone while at the show on Sunday before I started to packing up the table. 

IMG_1394.thumb.jpg.36bc5cbfa8596a5b7194364c41f0e128.jpg  

• Like 1

There was a amazing set of silver plate menuki with , gold dragons, some shakudo on the dragons, and copper tounge, from Mark C.... if only I had the money. Brought my Nephew, who had a good time, here he is holding a monster he liked. Great show, with great feedback to my questions, learned quite a bit this show.

20210714_153001.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..